1) Print out pattern pieces to your printer. Cut out pattern pieces, pin onto felt and cotton fabric. Cut pieces out of fabrics.
2) Using the floss, blanket stitch the two pincushion felt pieces together on 3 of its sides. For the needle holder, blanket stitch just 3 of its sides. As shown in illustration A. Stuff the pincushion with some fiberfill or cotton make-up squares. Dont over fill.
3) Pin the pincushion and the needle holder onto the large wool fabric piece. Pin on the wool piece for the pocket and pocket flap. Using a blanket stitch sew along the edges of the large wool piece sewing the pinned pieces in place as you go along. Try to avoid sewing the flap of the pocket. See illustration B.
4) Sew along the edge of the flap on the pouch using a blanket stitch.
6) Fold sewing kit into thirds. Sew on the button to the back of cover (only sew through the cover felt) as shown in illustration D. Aligning the other end of thecover over the button, cut a slit the same width as the buttonhole. Sew the edge of the hole with a blanket stitch.
7) Cut out the circle out of the scrap piece of cotton fabric. Sew a running stitch close to the edge of the fabric circle. Draw up the thread to gather up the edges as shown in illustration E. This is a yo yo. Cut out the leaves from the green felt and blanket stitch the edges.
8) Sew the leaves on the back of the yo yo. Position the yo yo and the button onto the flap as shown in illustration F. With thread sew the button onto the yo yo through the top flap as shown.