Note: Always keep your hands and work area clean when handling the fabric and floss.
1) Tape the raw edges of the Aida fabric with tape to prevent edges from unraveling.
2) As you are working on the project, cut floss into manageable size lengths (about 12). Each color of floss is made up of 6 plies. Separate the floss and use 3 plies for working cross-stitch. Thread the needle with the 3 plies of floss.
3) Locate the center of the Aida fabric and mark with a water-erasable marking pen. This is where you will start to count your stitches. Follow the colored diagram below to cross-stitch the heart onto the fabric; each square on the diagram is equal to one square on the Aida fabric. Refer to illustration A on how to do cross-stitching.
4) Work all cross-stitches first. Then referring to the diagram, use 1 ply of the brown to backstitch the outlines on the heart. Refer to illustration B on how to backstitch.
5) When finished, press with a warm iron.
Mounting and Framing:
1) Remove paper from sticky back mounting board and position cross-stitch in center of board. Press down onto board. Trim excess fabric even with the edges of the board.
2) Assemble as shown in illustration below.
3) Press in the glazing points into the back of the frame according to package instructions.
4) Add picture frame hanger on back according to package instructions.