1) Print out dog bone pattern to printer. See illustration A. Cut out bone shape and trace onto piece of wood. Cut out dog bone shape out of wood with jig-saw and sand rough edges smooth.
2) Paint dog bone front and sides with off white paint. Allow paint to dry completely.
3) To transfer the dog and lettering onto the painted bone: Rub graphite pencil onto back of bone pattern piece. Lay pattern piece graphite side down and lining up edges onto wood bone. Tape pattern onto wood piece to hold in place. With a pencil, trace the dog and lettering onto the painted side of the wood bone. Remove pattern piece.
4) Drill holes into wood bone as indicated on pattern piece.
5) Using the pattern piece as reference, paint the dog with yellow ochre paint. After the yellow ochre has dried, apply a thin wash of red for blush of cheeks. Using either black paint with a fine brush or permanent markers, paint the other features on the dog and the lettering. Put a small dot of off white paint on nose of dog for shine.
6) Insert each end of wire into each hole, leaving about 1 1/2 sticking out of each hole. Twist wire as shown in illustration B. Cut a piece of ribbon 3 1/2 long or a small piece of material about 3 1/2 x 1/2 and tie to top of wire.