**Spray paint may also be used for painting the flag. Use poster board and making tape to block out areas that will not be spray painted.
3) Paint every other slat with white paint.
4) Paint every other unpainted slat with red paint. Allow paints to completely dry.
5) Paint upper left area with blue paint. Allow to completely dry.
6) Using the star stencil, trace the stars onto the blue area. Paint stars with white paint. Note: You can also make the stars by laying the stencil onto the blue area and spray painting the stars on.
7) Hang on a wall or lean against a tree or house.